11.21.2005

Whole Lot of Nonsense - Show 19 - Holidays and Donations

Show Notes: Still laughable, but here nonetheless.

This is available as an mp3 for download.

Whole Lot of Nonsense - Show 19 - Holidays and Donations

This PodCast is all about donating to your favourite charitable organizations. I've included an interview with the CEO of United Way Morris County, John Franklin. I talk about why I donate, and why you should... and tell a mildly rambling story about how I decide to donate.

Karstan, my bro-in-law, who has the Burning Sensations' Online Comic Strip, dug up a song for us from the PodSafe Music Network called The Day the Truckers Saved Christmas.

Adam Curry, the PodFather, discussed on his Daily Source Code Show 275 that he's switching officially to total PodSafe music... mostly owing to a promise from several Dutch representatives of large music conglomerates who mentioned "PodCasting" and "licensed music" and "Adam Curry" and "lawsuit" in the same sentence. I've also embraced PodSafe Music for my intro and outro.

The show's intro now comes from Bubble, and is called Head Case. Not a bad replacement for the theme from Stark Raving Mad. Our outro, which used to be a snippet from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Soundtrack, is now a song from Steadman, called Wave Goodbye. These songs can be found on the PodSafe Music Network.

You'll also note a few more bumpers in this show. The first bumper is a compilation of the phrase "Whole Lot of Nonsense" in several languages. I've had the phrases sitting around, and finally put them together and mixed in an id from Dan Klass from the Bitterest Pill - the voice in English. A second id is from Todd Lerner, the artist behind Song For Free.com. We have an id from Bob Bichler from The Ordinary Average Guy, a fellow member of the New Jersey PodCasters. I also got an id from Mark Hunter from Tartan PodCast. After the music, you'll note that I got an id from Tina, Brian Ibbod's wife... that's right Tina from Coverville. I've got one or two more to put up, and you'll hear those in future shows.

All in all, 19 minutes I hope you don't want back.

1 comment:

Mark Forman said...

Dang hoss,
Whatever got in you is good. You shined bubba. Sparkled. Keep it up.