12.06.2006

Whole Lot of Nonsense - Get Chance on Coverville

Show Notes: Still laughable, but here nonetheless.

This is available as an mp3 for download.

Giggity Means "Links are in the show notes"... secert PodCaster words... w00t...

Whole Lot of Nonsense - Get Chance on Coverville

In this show, I ask y'all to help me out. There's a musician named Chance, who has done a cover of the Milkshake song... you know it,

"My Milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like "It's better than yours"
Damn right, It's better than yours,
I can teach you, but I have to charge".

You have -got- to hear his cover... imagine a power rock version of that song... sung tongue in cheek... it's great. You'll need to buy the CD to hear it. Trust me that it rocks!!!


Alright, now why am I telling you this? In case you don't know this guy named Brian Ibbod, he does a PodCast named Coverville. Brian's doing his annual cover countdown show. In order to get in on this countdown, the song needs to get nominated several times to get on the list, and then voted for once it gets nominated. So, I'm asking y'all to help out with the nominating part, and if we get his song nominated, then I'll ask you to vote for it... but we have to get it nominated first.


If you would please go to the Coverville site and click on the nominate button, and tell Brian that you want to put Chance's version of the Milkshake Song, from his CD "eleven through fifteen", I'd appreciate it.


Special thanks to Mike from Coffee House to Go who has already kicked in his nomination... and admitted his love of Shamrock Shakes...

Key Links:

All in all, ~22 minutes I enjoyed bringing you.

2 comments:

Brian Ibbott said...

Hi Brad,

No need to submit multiple nominations! One nomination is all it takes to make it to the next stage, which is the voting. The voting period will start at the beginning of next week, that's when you'll wnat to invite your readers to cover vote for Chance's (excellent) track!

And it's "Ibbott", not "Ibbod". I understand that I was pretty tipsy at the most recent Podcast Expo, and most of the time the floor was obscuring my name badge... :)

JRMurdock said...

How did I miss this podcast for so long? Sheesh.

Ah well, time to listen up and get caught up.