This is available as an mp3 for download.
Whole Lot of Nonsense - Show 24 - NPR and PBS are REALLY important
The pinning in the Frappr Map is still going on, so we'll thank our 4 newest members, among them are Digger's Story, Karmyn Tyler and Todd from the Jersey Todd Show.
The long-anticipated NPR and PBS show... all right, maybe I'm the only one anticipating, but we've had a lot of play of the promo for this show. I have a special guest help me out with the conversation, as I'm still recovering from my hospital stay. Good, grief, she can rattle off show names:
- Foreign Exchange with Fareed Zakaria
- The Leonard Lopate Show
- Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane
- The Diane Rehm Show
- The Charlie Rose Show
- Wait Wait -- Don't Tell Me!
Miscellaneous Links from the discussion:
- ALACE | Association of Labor Assistants & Childbirth Educators
- Billy Elliott - The Movie
- Stephen Colbert's Colbert Nation
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Doula Entry from Wikipedia
We play a song from Eric Idle, of Monty Python, Spam-alot and Greedy Bastard fame, called The FCC Song. I'm not entirely sure if it's safe for play, but I'm sure the RIAA will let me know. This song is NOT FAMILY SAFE. Listen in to find out why. You can also find out what Eric's been up to by reading his new book The Greedy Bastard Diary.
Don't forget that you can get some of the great PodCaster Hockey League at our PHL store.
Some key links?
- Burning Sensations Comics
- Disembodied Voices PodCast Group
- The Dragon Page
- New Jersey PodCasters Association
- Ordinary Average Guy
The show's intro comes from Bubble, and is called Head Case. Our outro is a song from Steadman, called Wave Goodbye. These songs can be found on the PodSafe Music Network.
All in all, 31 minutes I hope you don't want back. Sure, it's longer than normal... but I've been gone for a while, and have a little more to say this time.