9.16.2008

Little Bit of Nonsense - Show 47 - Should we pay extra for our extra garbage

Should we have to pay for "extra" garbage? Should companies have to take back all the packaging they sell? Imagine if you will that your township, borough, or county decides what an average amount of garage should be for you. So, it charges you extra for trash above that average, and things bigger than average trash. Would you expect companies to help by making their packaging smaller? or their packaging more recyclable? I share my thoughts on just these questions. This PodCast was inspired by a story in Parade Magazine.

The show will have a name change come episode 51. I'll be going back to the moniker Whole Lot of Nonsense. It'll be the same short form show we all have come to love. Don't be surprised when it happens.

I recently went to the New Media Expo, and the gang from Wizzard Media gave away Chico Bags. I picked up an extra green one so I could give it away to one of my listeners. This contest is open to domestic US and International entrants. There is no purchase necessary. Send your name and address to wholelotofnonsense@gmail.com in an email with "Chico Bag Contest" in the subject. I won't resell your names. I will be sending out holiday cards, though. So, I'll be using those addresses for that.

Some key links

This show's music comes from the PodSafe Music Network. It's Ikea from Jonathan Coulton.

This is available as an mp3 for download.

No comments: